A senior role within the culture department, responsible for overseeing and generating the TV and radio coverage across the daily papers, Saturday Review section and online - plus off-shoots/new projects as and when required. The role is also responsible for managing and overseeing the production of all listings content across all products. The role line-manages three roles.
- Ensuring the Telegraph's coverage of TV and radio is of the highest standards, both in terms of planning editorial - particularly review coverage - and in terms of responding to the developing news agenda (there is need for this daily).
- Planning and managing the Telegraph's print and digital coverage of 'event TV' for our readership, from (the next) Game of Thrones to Strictly Come Dancing.
- Ensuring the TV and radio listings and previews content across all products is accurate and meets editorial standards
- Managing the TV desk's production schedule and other responsibilities with superb time management and efficiency
- Liaising with the social media and new formats teams to ensure that TV and radio content is optimised in these areas to increase engagement and drive subscriptions.
- Flexibility to work varying shifts on a seven day rota, including some weekend work.
- Writing where required.
- Building and maintaining an effective network of freelance writers and PR contacts.
- Working in close collaboration and communication with the TV and Radio Commissioning Editors and the senior editors on the Culture desk to ensure market leading, agenda setting, quality content.
- An understanding of the Telegraph’s audiences across all platforms and their interests.
- A detailed knowledge of and enthusiasm for the world of TV, radio and entertainment.
- Ability to think laterally and develop bold, brave, innovative ideas across multiple disciplines.
- Ability to write, report and edit a range of arts and cultural subjects with clarity and flair.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with speed and accuracy.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Experience creating and realising both print and digital vision and strategies.
The nature of our industry means life at the Telegraph Media Group is fast-paced, demanding, and interesting. We also want it to be rewarding for everyone who works here by creating a suite of benefits that contribute to lifestyle choices and leisure activities. From dynamic working opportunities, medical cover, and parental leave (six months fully paid maternity leave and enhanced paternity/partner leave), to life assurance and season ticket loans, you can choose from a range of flexible benefits, designed to support your lifestyle and help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Training and development
With support from your manager and colleagues, you’ll also have access to a variety of training and development opportunities through The Academy. Covering a range of personal and professional skills, our courses enable you to develop an enjoyable and rewarding career.