About Petite Plume
Petite Plume is a high growth luxury sleepwear company sold primarily DTC with a presence in nearly 500 points of sale including Neiman Marcus, Maisonette, Nordstrom and more! We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. We value our teams and want them to grow with us. If you’re looking for a place that values hard work, strong relationships, and diverse ideas – all while having fun together – Petite Plume is the place for you!
About the Role
We are a fast-growing, luxury retail company looking for an enthusiastic person to add to our team as a Freelance Swimwear Designer.
We are seeking someone who is a real team player but who is also comfortable working independently. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, be a problem solver, can keep multiple balls in the air at once, and work with senior management
We anticipate an average of 10-20 hours per week engagement to start. This role is remote work from home, but must be located in New York.
- Develop and execute swimwear design concepts from initial sketch to final product, including thorough research, sketching, concept development, mood boards, and technical packages.
- Collaborate closely with the Creative Director on swimwear product development, sourcing, and merchandising, ensuring designs align with business goals, meet customer needs, and are commercially viable.
- Stay abreast of swimwear industry trends and integrate them into design concepts to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Create detailed CAD sketches for swimwear designs with multiple color options.
- Generate swimwear tech packs, including specifications and all detailed style information.
- Craft presentation decks featuring photoshopped prints and colors on swimwear garment photos.
- Participate in swimwear fit sessions to ensure products meet design and quality specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or a related field.
- Experience in apparel design, with a specific focus on swimwear.
- Experience being the lead on the technical aspects and development of swimwear
- Strong design skills, demonstrating the ability to create original swimwear concepts and execute them to the final product.
- In-depth knowledge of swimwear garment construction, textiles, and color theory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight swimwear design deadlines.
- Computer-savvy with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, and Excel.
Some of the perks of working with the Petite Plume team:
- 50% employee discount on petite-plume.com
- A remote, inclusive, collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Opportunity to work at a company growing exponentially year over year