About Petite Plume
Petite Plume is a high growth luxury sleepwear company sold primarily DTC with a presence in nearly 500 points of sale including Neiman Marcus, Maisonette, Nordstrom and more! We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. We value our teams and want them to grow with us. If you’re looking for a place that values hard work, strong relationships, and diverse ideas – all while having fun together – Petite Plume is the place for you!
About the Role
We are a fast-growing, luxury retail company looking for an enthusiastic person to add to our team as a Freelance Designer.
We are seeking someone who is a real team player but who is also comfortable working independently. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, be a problem solver, can keep multiple balls in the air at once, and work with senior management
This role is New York Based Only
Freelance Designer Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute design concepts from initial sketch to final product, including research, sketching, concept development, mood boards, and technical packages.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, including product development, sourcing, and merchandising, to ensure designs align with business goals, meet customer needs, and are commercially viable.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and incorporate them into design concepts to maintain competitive advantage.
- Create CAD sketches with multiple color options.
- Generate tech packs including specs and all detailed style information
- Create presentation decks including photoshopping prints and colors in garment photos.
- Participate in fit sessions to ensure the product meets design and quality specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field.
- Experience in apparel design, with a focus on Sleepwear and/or Ready To Wear preferred
- Strong design skills with the ability to create original concepts and execute them to the final product.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, textiles, and color theory.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Computer savvy with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Excel
Some of the perks of working with the Petite Plume team
- 50% employee discount on petite-plume.com
- An inclusive, collaborative and dynamic work environment
- Opportunity to work at a company growing exponentially year over year
- Company off-sites 1-2x a year for in-person collaboration and team building